This bridal season Lakmé Salon decided to take the glam level up a notch by showcasing the latest looks and hottest trends to capture the spotlight. This year Lakmé Salon brings you the Blockbuster Brides. A collection of hair and makeup looks that represent every little girl’s dream of looking like a Bollywood star on her special day.
Each of our looks is an extravagant recreation of iconic muses and wedding moments in contemporary Bollywood movies that celebrate the modern Indian woman who enjoys that ‘hatke’ filmy twist.
To bring together and epitomize the quintessential ‘Blockbuster Bride,’ we have glamorous outfits designed by exceptionally talented designers Anushree Reddy and Arpita Mehta.
LOOK 1: UFF Teri Ada Look
- Opener: This look is designed for the coy bride whose excitement at her sangeet is palpable but measured. She is a vision of pure radiance as she prepares to embark on this new journey in her life. The shades of mint green that this stunning bride adorns befits her strong sense of individuality and independence.
- Blockbuster Secret #1: Brides-to-be, your skin and hair deserve pre-wedding prep and care! Take your pick from our customized pre-bridal care packages, for perfectly glowing skin and healthy hair as you walk down the aisle on D-day.
- Makeup: Clear base with a hint of blush, blend of green and bronze shimmery eye shadow, and a glossy light tangerine lip.
- Hair: Light brown with a tinge of gold and copper pulled back into a high, tight and sleek bouquet bun.
- Nails: Green Base decorated with white detailing, and gold and diamond ornaments.
LOOK 2: Mahi Ve Look
- Opener: This look is designed for the playful bride-to-be who’s all decked up to dazzle at her mehendi ceremony. Her light rosy cheeks and glowing complexion give away her penchant for pink. Reveling in an eclectic fusion of traditional and contemporary tastes, this bride is a gorgeous force to be reckoned with.
- Blockbuster Secret #2: For the last minute bride or the one who prepares, choose from our tailor-made pre-bridal packages that range from a quick 5 day fix to a 45 day elaborate affair.
- Makeup: Light rosy cheeks with a hot pink lip, and a pinkish-gold eyeshadow and liner.
- Hair: Light brown and blonde highlights with milkmaid braids on the crown, and loose beach waves.
- Nails: Bubblegum pink base with shimmer and diamond embellishments.
LOOK 3: Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhna Look
- Opener: Dedicated to the bride who brings with her that pop of sunshine. Her uplifting, cheerful nature coupled with her love for happy hues gives her mehendi ceremony a light and playful feel. This look brings out the twinkle in her eyes, while highlighting that hint of mischief as well. She is the chirpy bride who is a class apart.
- Blockbuster Secret #3: Turn dull hair to luscious locks with the Beauty Sutra Hair Spa; a 97.9% natural Ayurvedic ritual for your scalp and hair that strengthens and stimulates growth, prevents loss and breakage, and a scent that helps uplift your mood, and calm those pre–wedding jitters.
- Makeup: Dewy base with black eyeliner, salmon eyeshadow with salmon shades along the waterline, black liner and a shimmery coral lip.
- Hair: Light brown with blonde highlights, center parted and pulled back into a long fishtail braid with loose ringlets, and a smattering of baby’s-breath.
- Nails: Shimmery yellow base with pastel pink motifs, and decorated with diamond studs.
LOOK 4: Bride No. 1 look
- Opener: Reminiscent of royalty, this look immortalizes the classic bride who is incline towards looking like a queen. Her regal poise and grace puts her up on a magnificent pedestal. Decked up in decadence as she flaunts that much sought after glow, this bride’s radiance is one that remains unmatched.
- Blockbuster Secret #4: Opt for the Argan Oil Wax Regime for a gentle and nourishing way to get rid of unwanted hair, leaving you with soft and supple skin that’s all ready for the big day.
- Makeup: A dewy base with gold and red eye shadow, a dab of soft pinkish bronze, and a hint of red glitter with a glossy pink lip.
- Hair: Center parted, light brown hair with blonde highlights pulled back into a low bun, draped with a peeled fishtail braid.
- Nails: A red and shimmer base, with glitter and diamond sequins.
LOOK 5: Deewani Mastani look
- Opener: This is a beautiful ode to the bride who ought to sparkle her brightest on her wedding day. A magnificent blend of a fresh, dewy complexion and bold mesmerizing eyes; this look celebrates the urban Indian bride who believes that minimalism speaks volumes.
- Blockbuster Secret #5: Ease pre-wedding stress with a relaxing body massage with ylang ylang and lavender essential oils.
- Makeup: Fresh and dewy base, bold blackish-brown smokey eyes, with a pinkish-nude lip.
- Hair: Side parted light brown hair with blonde highlights, twisted into loose waves pulled into a low bun covered with delicately wrapped patterned curls and loose ringlets.
- Nails: Powder pink base with pearl and diamond embellishments.
LOOK 6: Dilwali Dulha Le Jayegi look
- Opener: For the bride whose effortless style takes a room by storm. This look has been designed to enamor all those who set their eyes on her. Tantalizing hues of orange that reflect the sun in all it's blazing glory, this bride follows the beat of her own dhol.
- Blockbuster Secret #6: Rekindle your original glow with our full body Detanning Services to lighten and brighten your skin in time for your special day.
- Makeup: Flawless base, gold eyeshadow with bronze glitter and a dab of brown at the corners, coupled with a satin rust colored lip.
- Hair: Sleek center parted brownish-copper hair with a ribbon braid and puff, pulled back into a neat low bun.
- Nails: Glossy orange base with glitter and diamond embellishments.
LOOK 7 – Hey Shona look
- Opener: Designed for the bride whose heart is deeply rooted in traditional grace and elegance, this look accentuates the woman behind all the finery. This bride displays a stunning symphony of red and white as she weaves a tale that forms a timeless part of the East Indian cultural tapestry.
- Blockbuster Secret #7: Brides-to-be, for soft and smooth hands and feet, indulge in our Candy Crush manicure-pedicure; a luxurious concoction of natural butter, pure essential oils, and detoxifying effervescent bath bombs.
- Makeup: Kohl-rimmed eyes, with classic black liner and pinkish bronze eyeshadow, a crimson lip, and delicate chandan work.
- Hair: Center parted with waves, and a puff brought together in a burgundy streaked tight low bun adorned with roses.
- Nails: Crimson base with intricate white detailing, and sparkling gold and diamond stones.
LOOK 8 –– Kanmani look
- Opener: Right out of a resplendent reverie, this traditional bride from the South captures our gaze with her shy yet spellbinding style. With its regal adornment of traditional jewelry that pairs well with this bride’s glowing complexion, this look pays reverential tribute to the golden bride.
- Blockbuster Secret #8: Say no-no to dry and dull skin before D-day! Set a date to hydrate and glow, with the Lakmé Perfect Radiance Illuminate Facial.
- Makeup: Dewy golden base, black liner with golden eyeshadow and a creamy pink lip.
- Hair: Center parted, long loose braid adorned at intervals with clusters of Jasmin.
- Nails: Glossy orange base with gold and diamond embellishments.
LOOK 9 –– Wakhra Swag look
- Opener: Owning her own style, this look showcases the bride exhibiting her desire for drama and extravagance. She is the star at her reception party and isn’t afraid to show it. This look with its sultry reds makes this bride stand out and ‘wow’ her crowd.
- Blockbuster Secret #9: Choose the Luminance 3 + Ritual Facial to even out your skin tone, reduce pigmentation, boost collagen formation, and exude radiance on your big day.
- Makeup: Bold smokey eyes with shimmery grey eyeshadow along the waterline, and highlighted cheekbones with a ruby red lip.
- Hair: Center parted voluminous hair that’s a mix of light brown and beige-gold blonde, left loose in the form of effortless waves.
- Nails: Glossy red base decorated with rose and diamond embellishments.